Shopping for Stash

From older stash right here at home.


The challenge last week on the KI Memories blog was to use product from older ranges in a new project. For some reason KI Memories isn't that easy to find in the UK any more. I don't know why that is now, it hasn't always been like that - I know because I have a pile of the older papers as evidence!

For this page I used papers from the Bloom collection as well as a couple of embellishments. Some of the butterflies were cut from a patterned paper, others from punches and the largest one in the title was created by cutting around a (K&Co) chipboard butterfly. I even went diving into the boxes of older alphabets. Rub-on letters. I remember when I couldn't do a page without using rub-on letters. And these little pink ones from KI Memories went on as smooth as ever. The large glittered chipboard letters I dug out of another box. I think these were by Making Memories.


And the journaling stamps, I think these were about the first set (or high up there on the list) of clear stamps I bought. I didn't keep the packaging but I have a feeling they are Li'l Davis (yes, I said they were old!). I wanted a larger space for journaling than one block provided, so I stamped it once, stamped again onto scrap paper, cut out and then used that to mask the first stamped image and stamped a second image on top - although of course the second image actually looks like it is behind the first. Oh I used the Fiskars Apron Lace punch (again) and spritzed with the Radiant Rain Teal Zircon (again). Nothing like getting your money's worth out of stuff LOL!


The card is created using Hero Arts stamps. I bought the Truly Appreciated set (bargain from Ebay - okay this veers from the shopping from stash theme I know). I love the extra large sentiments and also the little images that are on the sheet are really useful too. Here I stamped one randomly onto the background and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The butterflies and flowers are also Hero Arts stamps, which I coloured in using Sakura Stardust pens and a watercolour technique (yay for Create and Craft, I never knew you could watercolour with these, but you can and the effect is gorgeously sparkly).

I also used a Nestabilities label die, KI Memories Bloom paper, KI Memories Pop Culture sticker strip and a selection of stick on pearls and gems. I love using bright colours. So cheery.

No comments: